Home Cooks > Recipes > Bronzed Cornish Hens
(Yield: 4 to 6 servings) 3 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens,
each about 1-1/2 pounds
1/2 cup Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line large, shallow baking pan with non-stick foil (or spray pan with nonstick cooking spray).
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Cut each hen lengthwise in half and rinse under cold water; drain well and pat dry. Place hens, skin side up, in pan. Sprinkle hens lightly with salt.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hoisin sauce, lemon peel and juice.
- Brush hens with sauce mixture; turn pieces over and brush again. Bake 15 minutes. Turn hens over and brush with remaining sauce. Bake 20 minutes longer, or until no longer pink near bone.