(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
3 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens,
each about 1-1/2 pounds
1/2 cup Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line large, shallow baking pan with non-stick foil (or spray pan with nonstick cooking spray).
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Cut each hen lengthwise in half and rinse under cold water; drain well and pat dry. Place hens, skin side up, in pan. Sprinkle hens lightly with salt.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hoisin sauce, lemon peel and juice.
- Brush hens with sauce mixture; turn pieces over and brush again. Bake 15 minutes. Turn hens over and brush with remaining sauce. Bake 20 minutes longer, or until no longer pink near bone.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.