(Makes 8 servings)
2 cups Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk
3 large egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
18 ladyfingers, split lengthwise in half
4 tablespoons cream sherry, divided
3 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries), divided
- Heat soymilk in medium-size saucepan over medium heat until warm.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in medium-size bowl. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup warm soymilk. Beat in remaining soymilk. Return mixture to same pan; stir in vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken and coats the back of metal spoon, about 12 minutes (do not boil); pour into bowl.
- Place bowl in larger ice-filled container until mixture cools, stirring frequently. Remove bowl from ice; cover surface of custard with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line sides of 9-inch glass bowl with half of split ladyfingers, vertically, cut side toward inside of bowl. Arrange half of remaining ladyfingers on bottom of bowl and drizzle with 1/2 Tbsp. sherry. Layer with half of fruit, then half of custard and remaining ladyfingers. Evenly drizzle remaining 3-1/2 Tbsp. sherry over ladyfingers along edge of bowl and on layer over custard. Layer with remaining fruit and custard.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.