Home Cooks > Recipes > Mixed Berry Trifle
(Makes 8 servings) 2 cups Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk
3 large egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
18 ladyfingers, split lengthwise in half
4 tablespoons cream sherry, divided
3 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries), divided
- Heat soymilk in medium-size saucepan over medium heat until warm.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in medium-size bowl. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup warm soymilk. Beat in remaining soymilk. Return mixture to same pan; stir in vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken and coats the back of metal spoon, about 12 minutes (do not boil); pour into bowl.
- Place bowl in larger ice-filled container until mixture cools, stirring frequently. Remove bowl from ice; cover surface of custard with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line sides of 9-inch glass bowl with half of split ladyfingers, vertically, cut side toward inside of bowl. Arrange half of remaining ladyfingers on bottom of bowl and drizzle with 1/2 Tbsp. sherry. Layer with half of fruit, then half of custard and remaining ladyfingers. Evenly drizzle remaining 3-1/2 Tbsp. sherry over ladyfingers along edge of bowl and on layer over custard. Layer with remaining fruit and custard.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or until completely chilled.