(Makes 4 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
about 6 ounces each
2 large cloves garlic, pressed
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
1 teaspoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Place chicken pieces between sheets of waxed paper; pound gently and evenly until pieces are about 1/2-inch thick. Rub both sides of chicken with garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn chicken over; cook 7 to 8 minutes longer, or until chicken is no longer pink in center, lowering heat if necessary. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and chicken broth to same pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to remove crusty bits.
- Blend flour with soymilk until smooth; stir mixture into skillet with soy sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve gravy over chicken.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.