(Yield: 6 servings)
4-pound fresh or thawed whole roasting chicken
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, about 1 bunch
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold water; drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry and ginger; brush chicken cavity thoroughly with mixture. Stuff cavity with cilantro. Tie legs together and wings to body. Insert spit through neck cavity and tail; clamp tightly, making sure chicken is balanced on spit.
- Arrange 20 to 30 medium-hot coals around drip pan under chicken. Place spit on rotisserie; turn on motor. Brush chicken with soy sauce mixture.
- Cook about 2 hours, or until meat thermometer, inserted into thigh, reaches 180ºF.; brush chicken occasionally with soy sauce mixture.
- Let chicken stand 15 minutes before carving. Carb Count: 1 gram
Fiber Count: 0 gram
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.