(Yield: 6 servings)
2 to 2-1/2-pound boneless lamb or pork shoulder, trimmed
4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon slivered fresh ginger root
1 small, whole dried red chile
3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bunch green onions and tops, cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
Hot cooked rice
- Cut lamb into 1-1/2-inch cubes; coat with 2 Tbsp. cornstarch.
- Brown lamb and garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour chicken broth over lamb. Stir in soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and chile. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour and 20 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add carrots and white parts of green onions. Cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1/3 cup water; stir into pan with green onion tops. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.