(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 egg white, beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
2 carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
1 green bell pepper, chunked
1 onion, chunked
1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- Combine sweet & sour sauce with 1 Tbsp. water.
- Measure cornstarch into large plastic bag. Coat shrimp with egg white; drain off excess egg. Add shrimp to cornstarch; shake bag to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds, or until fragrant. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until shrimp is pink; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan over high heat. Add carrots, pepper and onion; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add shrimp and sweet & sour sauce mixture; cook and stir until shrimp and vegetables are coated with sauce.
- Remove from heat; stir in sesame seed. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.