(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 egg white, beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
2 carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
1 green bell pepper, chunked
1 onion, chunked
1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- Combine sweet & sour sauce with 1 Tbsp. water.
- Measure cornstarch into large plastic bag. Coat shrimp with egg white; drain off excess egg. Add shrimp to cornstarch; shake bag to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds, or until fragrant. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until shrimp is pink; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan over high heat. Add carrots, pepper and onion; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add shrimp and sweet & sour sauce mixture; cook and stir until shrimp and vegetables are coated with sauce.
- Remove from heat; stir in sesame seed. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.