(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
1-1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 8 wings)
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cornstarch, about
2 green onions and tops, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon slivered fresh ginger root
- Disjoint chicken wings; discard tips (or save for stock).
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, minced ginger and garlic in large bowl; stir in chicken. Refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken; reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat chicken pieces with cornstarch; add to skillet and brown slowly on all sides. Remove chicken from pan; drain off fat.
- Stir 2/3 cup water and reserved marinade into same pan. Add chicken; sprinkle green onions and slivered ginger evenly over chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.