(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
1-1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 8 wings)
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cornstarch, about
2 green onions and tops, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon slivered fresh ginger root
- Disjoint chicken wings; discard tips (or save for stock).
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, minced ginger and garlic in large bowl; stir in chicken. Refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken; reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat chicken pieces with cornstarch; add to skillet and brown slowly on all sides. Remove chicken from pan; drain off fat.
- Stir 2/3 cup water and reserved marinade into same pan. Add chicken; sprinkle green onions and slivered ginger evenly over chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.