(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
2-1/2 to 3 pounds frying chicken pieces
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup pearl barley
1 small tomato, halved and sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place chicken in large plastic food storage bag; pour in teriyaki sauce. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, remove chicken and place on rack of broiler pan. Add enough water to reserved marinade to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Pour in teriyaki mixture; bring to boil. Skim off foam. Stir in barley and tomato; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, broil chicken 5 to 6 inches from heat source 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink near bone; turn chicken over every 10 minutes.
- Uncover saucepan; simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Just before serving, stir parsley into barley mixture and serve with chicken.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.