(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) whole tomatoes
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) whole kernel corn
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) red kidney beans
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Hot cooked rice
Grated Cheddar cheese
- Combine beef, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and pepper sauce; shape into 8 equal-size meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Reserving pan drippings, remove meatballs.
- Stir-fry onion in pan drippings 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 cup water and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder, breaking tomatoes in half. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs; simmer just until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into soup bowls over rice and sprinkle cheese over all.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.