Home Cooks > Recipes > Albondigas Soup (Meatball Soup)
(Yield: 4 servings) 1/2 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) whole tomatoes
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) whole kernel corn
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) red kidney beans
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Hot cooked rice
Grated Cheddar cheese
- Combine beef, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and pepper sauce; shape into 8 equal-size meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Reserving pan drippings, remove meatballs.
- Stir-fry onion in pan drippings 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 cup water and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder, breaking tomatoes in half. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs; simmer just until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into soup bowls over rice and sprinkle cheese over all.