(Makes 6 servings)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
1 tablespoon butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
1 cup Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk
2 egg whites, at room temperature
Sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- Combine cocoa powder, gelatin and sugar in small saucepan; blend in 1/4 cup cold water. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until gelatin melts and mixture is smooth. Add jam and butter; cook and stir until jam dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in soymilk; pour mixture into medium-size mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 50 to 60 minutes, or until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg white, stirring once after 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl just until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour equally into 6 dessert bowls; refrigerate 1 hour, or until firm. Prepare Strawberry Glaze. Spoon about 1/2 Tbsp. glaze onto center of each bowl; quickly tilt and rotate bowls to spread glaze evenly over top.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries, if desired.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. seedless strawberry jam, 1 Tbsp. water and 1 teaspoon sugar in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 1 minute, stirring once.
- Let cool 10 minutes, stirring once.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.