(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or trans fat-free
butter-like spread, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
1-2/3 cups Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
1/2 pound fully-cooked ham, diced (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in chicken broth until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Stir in soymilk, ham, celery, onion, mustard and salt.
- Add spaghetti, stirring until evenly coated with sauce. Pour mixture into buttered 2-quart casserole or 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in small saucepan over medium heat; add bread crumbs. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over spaghetti mixture. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer, or until bubbly.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.