(Makes 4 servings)
1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3/4 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 cup Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
- Meanwhile, blend flour and salt into chicken broth.
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring until tomatoes just start to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Stir broth mixture; pour into saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Gradually stir in soymilk. Add pasta and basil; cook, stirring until pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle with pepper, as desired. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.