(Makes 4 servings)
1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3/4 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 cup Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
- Meanwhile, blend flour and salt into chicken broth.
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring until tomatoes just start to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Stir broth mixture; pour into saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Gradually stir in soymilk. Add pasta and basil; cook, stirring until pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle with pepper, as desired. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce 10 oz or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.