(Makes 6 servings)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
- Sauté onion in melted butter in medium saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, salt and 1/2 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Pour potato mixture into blender container. Cover and process on medium-high speed just until smooth. Pour mixture into soup tureen or large bowl. Thoroughly stir in soymilk.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Spoon into 6 individual soup bowls; sprinkle with chives.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.