Home Cooks > Recipes > Sweet Orange Coffee Cake
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) square cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
2 tablespoons chopped nuts
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup PEARL® Organic Soymilk Unsweetened
1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1/3 cup mixture and combine with nuts. Stir baking powder into remaining flour mixture.
- Beat together egg, soymilk and orange peel; pour all at once into flour-baking powder mixture, stirring until flour is moistened.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.