Home Cooks > Recipes > Aloha Trail Mix
(Yield: 6 cups)
1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups walnut or pecan halves
1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
2 cups bite-size squares crisp corn, rice or whole-grain
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
2 ounces dried papaya spears, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup dried banana chips (optional)
- Combine teriyaki sauce, oil, sugar and ginger in large mixing bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in walnuts until thoroughly coated. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds, cereal and coconut. Toss together to combine and coat with sauce; turn out onto large shallow baking pan, spreading pieces out evenly.
- Bake in 225ºF. oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir gently.
- Bake 18 minutes longer. Remove from oven; stir mixture gently. Let stand in pan on wire rack until thoroughly cool.
- Stir in papaya and banana chips. Store tightly sealed in large plastic resealable food storage bag.