(Yield: 4 servings)
3/4 cup Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, divided
1-1/4 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
1 large onion, peeled
4 to 6 (6-inch) metal or bamboo skewers
Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Mayonnaise*
4 soft French rolls, split and toasted
- Pour 1/2 cup roasted garlic teriyaki sauce over steak in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat steak well. Refrigerate 45 minutes, turning bag over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut onion crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Skewer each slice to hold rings together and place in shallow pan. Pour remaining 1/4 cup roasted garlic teriyaki sauce over onion slices, turning to coat both sides with sauce.
- Prepare Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Mayonnaise.
- Grill or broil steak and onion together 4 to 5 inches from heat source 5 minutes on each side (for medium-rare steak), or to desired doneness, brushing occasionally with additional roasted garlic teriyaki sauce.
- Remove skewers from onion.
- Holding knife as flat as possible, cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- To serve, spread rolls with Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Mayonnaise; arrange beef and onion on bottom halves and cover with top halves. *Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Mayonnaise: Blend 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish; cover and refrigerate.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.