(Yield: 6 servings)
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 clove garlic, pressed
3 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.)
2 pounds boneless tender beef steaks, each about 1 inch thick
2 large cooking apples
10-inch metal or bamboo skewers*
- Combine teriyaki sauce, wine, oil, pepper, oregano and garlic.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Cover with boiling water; let stand 5 minutes, covered. Drain and cool.
- Cut beef into 1-1/2-inch pieces; place with zucchini in large plastic bag. Pour in teriyaki mixture. Press air out of top of bag; close top securely. Marinate 30 minutes, turning bag over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, core apples and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- Reserving marinade, remove beef and zucchini; thread alternately with apple on skewers, leaving space between pieces.
- Place on grill 5 inches from hot coals. Cook about 6 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired degree of doneness, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
*Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.