Ingredients (Yield: 6 servings)
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 clove garlic, pressed
3 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.)
2 pounds boneless tender beef steaks, each about 1 inch thick
2 large cooking apples
10-inch metal or bamboo skewers*
- Combine teriyaki sauce, wine, oil, pepper, oregano and garlic.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Cover with boiling water; let stand 5 minutes, covered. Drain and cool.
- Cut beef into 1-1/2-inch pieces; place with zucchini in large plastic bag. Pour in teriyaki mixture. Press air out of top of bag; close top securely. Marinate 30 minutes, turning bag over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, core apples and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- Reserving marinade, remove beef and zucchini; thread alternately with apple on skewers, leaving space between pieces.
- Place on grill 5 inches from hot coals. Cook about 6 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired degree of doneness, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
*Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
If you like this, try...
off any ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
on any one (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce