(Yield: 6 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, crumbled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon medium-ground black pepper
Ketchup or ranch salad dressing (optional)
- Remove fillets from chicken; cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Coat chicken strips and fillets with less sodium soy sauce, lemon peel and herb; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, oil bottom of large shallow, baking pan. Beat egg in small bowl and mix cornmeal, flour and pepper in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into egg and coat with cornmeal mixture; place in single layer in oiled pan.
- Bake in 400ºF. oven 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10 minutes longer, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Serve with ketchup or ranch salad dressing, if desired.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.