(Yield: 6 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, crumbled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon medium-ground black pepper
Ketchup or ranch salad dressing (optional)
- Remove fillets from chicken; cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Coat chicken strips and fillets with less sodium soy sauce, lemon peel and herb; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, oil bottom of large shallow, baking pan. Beat egg in small bowl and mix cornmeal, flour and pepper in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into egg and coat with cornmeal mixture; place in single layer in oiled pan.
- Bake in 400ºF. oven 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10 minutes longer, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Serve with ketchup or ranch salad dressing, if desired.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.