(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, crumbled
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach,
cooked and well drained
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare Polenta Orientale; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, brown beef with onion and garlic in large skillet. Stir in tomatoes, soy sauce and sugar. Cover and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in herb seasoning; simmer 20 minutes longer.
- Spread spinach evenly over polenta, then spoon meat mixture over spinach.
- Bake at 375ºF. 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat mixture and bake 2 minutes longer, or until cheese melts. Serve immediately. *Polenta Orientale: Combine 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal and 3/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning, crumbled. Bring 1-1/2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan; stir in 4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Reduce heat to medium and slowly sprinkle in cornmeal mixture, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until mixture is very stiff. Remove from heat; stir in 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine. Spread polenta evenly in 8-inch square baking pan.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.