Home Cooks > Recipes > Tiger Prawns with Mint and Chile
Yield: Yield: 4 servings 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze, divided
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 pound fresh or thawed tiger prawns (21 to 25 count),
peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 medium carrot, cut diagonally into thin slices
1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut in 3/4-inch squares
1 small onion, cut in 1/2-inch squares
1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
1/4 cup sliced fresh mint leaves
Hot cooked rice
- Blend 1/3 cup teriyaki baste & glaze, lime juice and 1/4 cup water.
- Combine prawns, remaining 1 Tbsp. teriyaki baste & glaze, garlic and sugar.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add carrot; stir-fry 1 minute. Add bell pepper, onion and serrano chili; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add lime juice mixture and prawns. Cook, stirring, until prawns are coated with sauce.
- Just before serving, stir in mint. Serve over hot rice.