Home Cooks > Recipes > California Strata
(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
3 cups cubed (1/2-inch cubes)
day-old French bread, divided
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) whole kernel
1 can (2-1/4 oz.) sliced ripe
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced green
onions and tops
2 cups Pearl® Original Organic Soymilk
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 1-1/2 cups bread cubes on bottom of greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine corn, olives, bell pepper and green onions; place mixture evenly over bread. Top vegetables with remaining bread cubes.
- Blend soymilk, eggs and salt; pour evenly over bread mixture. Let stand 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, pressing bread down gently in egg mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF. 45 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with salsa and guacamole.