(Yield: 4 servings)
3 pounds frying chicken pieces, skinned and boned
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki
Marinade & Sauce, divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 pound fresh tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons burgundy wine
1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pound chicken pieces gently and evenly between sheets of waxed paper until 1/4 inch thick. Marinate in 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce 15 minutes; turn over once.
- Remove from marinade and drain well. Coat pieces lightly with flour.
- Cook half of pieces in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side; remove to serving platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Reserving 1 Tbsp. pan drippings, discard excess fat. Add green onions to reserved drippings in same pan; sauté until tender. Stir in tomatoes, wine, sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve with chicken pieces.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.