Home Cooks > Recipes > Creamy Broccoli Bake
Yield: Makes 5 to 6 servings
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen broccoli
florets, thawed and drained
4 tablespoons butter or
trans fat-free butter-like
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup Pearl Original Organic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs or Whole Wheat Panko
- Arrange broccoli on bottom of 2-quart casserole dish.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually pour in broth; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and comes to boil. Stir in soymilk and salt; cook until heated through. Pour mixture over broccoli.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF. 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer, or until bubbly.