Home Cooks > Recipes > Lemon Poppy seed Bread
Yield: Makes 1 loaf
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons poppy seed
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup PEARL® Organic Soymilk Creamy Vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl; stir in poppy seed.
- Combine eggs, soymilk, butter, lemon peel and vanilla. Pour liquid all at once into flour mixture, stirring only until flour is moistened. Turn into greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350ºF. 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely before slicing.