(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
1 pound fresh broccoli
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
1 can (14 oz.) vegetable broth
1 cup Pearl Green Tea
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove flowerets from broccoli. Peel stalks and chop enough to measure 1/2 cup.
- Sauté chopped broccoli stalks and onion in melted butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat 10 minutes.
- Add broth and flowerets. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until broccoli is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Process half of broccoli mixture in covered blender container until smooth. Return to saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Stir in soymilk, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until heated through.
*Or, substitute with Pearl Original Organic Soymilk.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.