Home Cooks > Recipes > Sichuan Tiger Prawns with Vegetables
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 pound fresh or thawed tiger prawns (21 to 25 count),
peeled and deveined
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
then crosswise into thin slices
1 large carrot, diced
3 green onions and tops, cut in 1/2-inch lengths, separating whites
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry roasted cashews (optional)
Hot cooked rice
- Combine soy sauce, ketchup, cornstarch, sugar, red pepper, vinegar and 3/4 cup water.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add zucchini and carrot; stir-fry 1-1/2 minutes. Add white parts of green onions, celery and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in green onion tops and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in prawns until coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cashews. Serve immediately with hot rice.