(Yield: 6 servings)
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
2/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
3 carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 bunch green onions and tops, cut into 1-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Hot cooked rice
- Cut pork into 1-1/2-inch cubes, trimming excess fat.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan. Add pork and ginger; brown pork on all sides. Drain off fat.
- Add stir-fry sauce, sherry, fennel and 3/4 cup water to pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and white parts of green onions. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until pork and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in green onion tops; cover and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water. Stir into meat mixture; cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Serve over rice.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.