Home Cooks > Recipes > Pork & Veggie Stir-Fry
(Yield: 6 servings) 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
2/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
3 carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 bunch green onions and tops, cut into 1-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Hot cooked rice
- Cut pork into 1-1/2-inch cubes, trimming excess fat.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan. Add pork and ginger; brown pork on all sides. Drain off fat.
- Add stir-fry sauce, sherry, fennel and 3/4 cup water to pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and white parts of green onions. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until pork and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in green onion tops; cover and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water. Stir into meat mixture; cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Serve over rice.