Home Cooks > Recipes > Happiness Asparagus
(Yield: 4 servings) 1/4 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 pound lean ground pork
1/4 cup minced onion
3 ounces finely chopped fresh mushrooms
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Combine stir-fry sauce and 1 Tbsp. water.
- Heat oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes until pork is crumbly. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add sauce mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place asparagus in steamer basket. Set basket in large saucepan of boiling water; cover and steam 5 minutes, or until tender, yet firm.
- Spread half of pork mixture over bottom of serving platter.
- Cut asparagus crosswise into thirds; arrange in sections over pork mixture. Spoon remaining pork mixture over asparagus. Serve immediately.