Home Cooks > Recipes > Oriental Chicken Noodle Soup
(Yield: 6 servings)
8 chicken wings, about 1-1/2 pounds
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
4 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas & carrots
4 ounces uncooked capellini (angel hair pasta), broken into 2-inch
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Disjoint chicken wings; discard tips.
- Cook chicken and ginger in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat until chicken is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water, sherry, vinegar and 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 45 minutes.
- Add peas & carrots; simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
- Stir in capellini; return to boil. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in pepper sauce and remaining less sodium soy sauce. Serve immediately.