(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
5-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
4 tablespoons water, divided
6 ounces fresh bean sprouts, blanched
1/3 cup chopped green onions and tops
2 ounces cooked bay shrimp, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dry sherry
- Beat eggs together in medium bowl with 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar dissolves.
- Blend 4 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water in small bowl; beat into egg mixture. Stir in bean sprouts, green onions and shrimp.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add two 1/2 cupfuls egg mixture. As egg spreads, fold it over bean sprouts to form a mound. Cook about 2 minutes, or until egg is set. Turn mounds over and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure by heating 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet for each batch, adjusting heat when pan becomes too hot.
- Combine chicken broth, 2 Tbsp. water, remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sherry in small saucepan; bring to boil.
- Blend remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water in small bowl; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve sauce over foo young patties.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce 10 oz or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.