(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
5-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
4 tablespoons water, divided
6 ounces fresh bean sprouts, blanched
1/3 cup chopped green onions and tops
2 ounces cooked bay shrimp, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dry sherry
- Beat eggs together in medium bowl with 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar dissolves.
- Blend 4 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water in small bowl; beat into egg mixture. Stir in bean sprouts, green onions and shrimp.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add two 1/2 cupfuls egg mixture. As egg spreads, fold it over bean sprouts to form a mound. Cook about 2 minutes, or until egg is set. Turn mounds over and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure by heating 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet for each batch, adjusting heat when pan becomes too hot.
- Combine chicken broth, 2 Tbsp. water, remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sherry in small saucepan; bring to boil.
- Blend remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water in small bowl; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve sauce over foo young patties.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.