(Yield: 3 cups)
3/4 pound pecan halves
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Bring 1-1/2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Add pecans and boil 2 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, spray large, shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine corn syrup, soy sauce, onion and garlic powders and red pepper in same saucepan. Cook, over medium-high heat, until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pecans and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce is absorbed by nuts.
- Turn pecans out onto prepared baking pan, spreading to separate pecans in a single layer.
- Bake in 250ºF. oven 40 minutes, stirring and turning nuts over every 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; stir pecans to spread in single layer. Cool completely, in pan, on wire rack.
- Store in tightly covered container. Note: If nuts become soft, bake in single layer in 250ºF. oven 5 minutes. Cool completely, in pan, on wire rack.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.