Home Cooks > Recipes > Spicy Beijing Pecans
Yield: Yield: 3 cups 3/4 pound pecan halves
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Bring 1-1/2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Add pecans and boil 2 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, spray large, shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine corn syrup, soy sauce, onion and garlic powders and red pepper in same saucepan. Cook, over medium-high heat, until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pecans and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce is absorbed by nuts.
- Turn pecans out onto prepared baking pan, spreading to separate pecans in a single layer.
- Bake in 250ºF. oven 40 minutes, stirring and turning nuts over every 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; stir pecans to spread in single layer. Cool completely, in pan, on wire rack.
- Store in tightly covered container. Note: If nuts become soft, bake in single layer in 250ºF. oven 5 minutes. Cool completely, in pan, on wire rack.