(Yield: 4 servings)
1 pound broccoli
1/4 pound fresh snow peas
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.
- Remove the florets from the broccoli with 1 inch of the stem. Cut the rest of the stems diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices, discarding the last inch of the stem.
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water and return to a boil. Cook for 1 minute and drain. Immediately rinse in cold water and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Remove and discard the strings from the snow pea pods.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, place the snow peas and return the water to a boil. Drain; immediately rinse in cold water. Drain well; pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Core and seed the red bell pepper and cut into 2 x 1/4-inch strips.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add vegetable oil, broccoli, red pepper and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the snow peas and less sodium soy sauce and stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Sauce 10 oz. or larger
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.