Ingredients (Yield: 4 servings)
8 ounces dried fine egg noodles
2-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
6 dried black mushrooms
3/4 pound fresh or thawed large shrimp in shell
(16 to 20 count per pound)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Pinch white pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add the noodles and 1 teaspoon salt, stirring to separate noodles. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the noodles are done. Drain in a colander.
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water until soft, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard stems; cut the caps into 1/2-inch strips.
- Make a shallow cut lengthwise down the back of each shrimp and wash out the sand vein. In a medium bowl, place cold water and add 1 teaspoon salt; stir to dissolve. Place the shrimp in the salt water and swirl. Leave the shrimp in the salt water for 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water and drain. Pat dry with paper towels. In a bowl, mix the shrimp with the cornstarch, sugar, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil, shrimp, mushrooms, and garlic. Stir-fry 1 minute. Add the green onions and stir-fry 2 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- Push the shrimp to one side of the pan. Add the noodles to the pan. Stir the noodles to separate and cook for 1 minute, or until the noodles are hot.
- Add the soy sauce to the noodles, making sure all the noodles are covered with soy sauce. Combine the noodles and the shrimp and remove to a serving platter.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.