(Yield: 4 servings)
8 ounces dried fine egg noodles
2-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
6 dried black mushrooms
3/4 pound fresh or thawed large shrimp in shell
(16 to 20 count per pound)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Pinch white pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add the noodles and 1 teaspoon salt, stirring to separate noodles. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the noodles are done. Drain in a colander.
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water until soft, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard stems; cut the caps into 1/2-inch strips.
- Make a shallow cut lengthwise down the back of each shrimp and wash out the sand vein. In a medium bowl, place cold water and add 1 teaspoon salt; stir to dissolve. Place the shrimp in the salt water and swirl. Leave the shrimp in the salt water for 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water and drain. Pat dry with paper towels. In a bowl, mix the shrimp with the cornstarch, sugar, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil, shrimp, mushrooms, and garlic. Stir-fry 1 minute. Add the green onions and stir-fry 2 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- Push the shrimp to one side of the pan. Add the noodles to the pan. Stir the noodles to separate and cook for 1 minute, or until the noodles are hot.
- Add the soy sauce to the noodles, making sure all the noodles are covered with soy sauce. Combine the noodles and the shrimp and remove to a serving platter.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.