(Yield: 4 servings)
1 head butter lettuce
1 pound sea bass fillets
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Dash of white pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
3 green onion with tops, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2 teaspoons Oriental sesame oil
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.
- Clean, dry and shred lettuce leaves; set aside.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 2-inch pieces, about 1/2-inch thick. Toss fish, cornstarch and white pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat wok until very hot. Add vegetable oil; tilt wok to coat sides. Add fish and ginger; stir-fry gently 2 minutes, or until fish turns white.
- Add green onions, stir-fry sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry until all pieces are evenly coated with sauce.
- Place lettuce on platter and spoon fish on top. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.