(Yield: 4 servings)
1 head butter lettuce
1 pound sea bass fillets
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Dash of white pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
3 green onion with tops, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2 teaspoons Oriental sesame oil
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.
- Clean, dry and shred lettuce leaves; set aside.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 2-inch pieces, about 1/2-inch thick. Toss fish, cornstarch and white pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat wok until very hot. Add vegetable oil; tilt wok to coat sides. Add fish and ginger; stir-fry gently 2 minutes, or until fish turns white.
- Add green onions, stir-fry sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry until all pieces are evenly coated with sauce.
- Place lettuce on platter and spoon fish on top. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.