(Yield: 8 to 10 servings)
2 turkey breast halves (about 3 lbs. each), boned
5 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 slices day-old bread, shredded
1 cup finely chopped celery
2/3 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions and tops
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Remove fillets from breast halves; reserve for another use. Starting with thinner edge, cut each breast in half lengthwise, horizontally, almost all the way through. Open up breasts and pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, sherry and sugar in large shallow dish. Add breasts, skin side down; marinate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine bread, celery, almonds and onions. Blend butter with remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce; pour evenly over bread mixture and toss together until moist and crumbly.
- Remove turkey; reserve marinade. Spread 1/2 of stuffing mixture on 1/2 of each breast half, leaving a narrow border along outside edges; pack stuffing down slightly. Close breasts and secure with skewers or toothpicks; brush with reserved marinade. Place on rack in baking pan.
- Roast at 325ºF. 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender; brush with reserved marinade every 30 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter; let stand 15 minutes. Just before serving, remove skewers and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.