(Yield: 8 to 10 servings)
2 turkey breast halves (about 3 lbs. each), boned
5 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 slices day-old bread, shredded
1 cup finely chopped celery
2/3 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions and tops
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Remove fillets from breast halves; reserve for another use. Starting with thinner edge, cut each breast in half lengthwise, horizontally, almost all the way through. Open up breasts and pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, sherry and sugar in large shallow dish. Add breasts, skin side down; marinate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine bread, celery, almonds and onions. Blend butter with remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce; pour evenly over bread mixture and toss together until moist and crumbly.
- Remove turkey; reserve marinade. Spread 1/2 of stuffing mixture on 1/2 of each breast half, leaving a narrow border along outside edges; pack stuffing down slightly. Close breasts and secure with skewers or toothpicks; brush with reserved marinade. Place on rack in baking pan.
- Roast at 325ºF. 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender; brush with reserved marinade every 30 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter; let stand 15 minutes. Just before serving, remove skewers and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.