(Yield: 4 servings)
4 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens, each about 1- 1/4 pounds
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/3 cup apricot jam
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse hens under cold running water; drain well and pat dry.
- Combine soy sauce, jam and nutmeg; brush cavities of hens thoroughly with mixture.
- Prepare Apricot-Rice Stuffing; stuff hens equally with stuffing. Place hens, breast side up, on rack in shallow foil-lined baking pan; brush skins lightly with sauce.
- Bake in 375ºF. oven 45 minutes.
- Brush hens thoroughly with sauce; cover loosely with foil. Bake 45 minutes longer, or until hens are tender; brush occasionally with remaining sauce.
*Apricot-Rice Stuffing: Coat 2 cups cooked rice with 4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup diced dried apricots, 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces and 1/4 cup minced green onions and tops.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.