(Yield: 4 servings)
4 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens, each about 1- 1/4 pounds
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/3 cup apricot jam
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse hens under cold running water; drain well and pat dry.
- Combine soy sauce, jam and nutmeg; brush cavities of hens thoroughly with mixture.
- Prepare Apricot-Rice Stuffing; stuff hens equally with stuffing. Place hens, breast side up, on rack in shallow foil-lined baking pan; brush skins lightly with sauce.
- Bake in 375ºF. oven 45 minutes.
- Brush hens thoroughly with sauce; cover loosely with foil. Bake 45 minutes longer, or until hens are tender; brush occasionally with remaining sauce.
*Apricot-Rice Stuffing: Coat 2 cups cooked rice with 4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup diced dried apricots, 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces and 1/4 cup minced green onions and tops.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.