Home Cooks > Recipes > Shrimp & Spinach Risotto
(Yield: 4 servings)
1 can (14 oz.) 1/3 less sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
3 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 pound cooked bay shrimp, rinsed and drained
2 cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add enough water to broth to measure 6 cups; pour into medium saucepan and stir in 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce. Bring to simmer; cover and keep warm over low heat.
- Sauté shallots in hot oil in large saucepan over medium heat 2 minutes. Add rice; sauté 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of warm broth mixture; cook, stirring often, until liquid is almost absorbed. Repeat procedure with 1/2 cup broth mixture at a time until rice is tender, yet firm, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, spinach, lemon zest and juice and remaining 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce. Cook, stirring, until shrimp is heated through and spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into individual bowls; sprinkle with desired amount of cheese.