Home Cooks > Recipes > Chicken & Tortellini Soup
Yield: Yield: 4 to 6 servings 6 chicken thighs (about 2-1/2 lbs.), trimmed of excess fat
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 package (9 oz.) fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- Brown chicken in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from pan.
- Reserving about 1 Tbsp. fat, drain off excess. Add carrots, celery and onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in 5-1/2 cups water, soy sauce and chicken. Bring to boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove chicken; cool.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Remove skin and bone from chicken and cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- Stir chicken into soup; bring to boil. Stir in tortellini and heat through.