(Yield: 6 servings)
1/3 cup pineapple juice
2 cups fresh or frozen thawed unsweetened raspberries
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons peeled fresh grated ginger
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1-1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Seasoned Rice Vinegar
6 (1-inch thick) salmon steaks (6 to 7 ounces each)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- In a blender or food processor, blend the juice with the raspberries until smooth.
- In a medium skillet, heat the honey over low. Remove raspberry seeds by pressing mixture through a fine strainer into the skillet. Discard seeds.
- Whisk in ginger, soy sauce, curry paste and vinegar. Remove from heat and cool.
- Rinse and pat dry salmon steak.
- Pour off 1/3 cup of Signature Sauce into a large shallow glass dish and place steaks in, coating both sides. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, brush grill rack or broiler pan with oil and heat to medium-high.
- Grill or broil steaks 5 minutes per side. While steaks are cooking, re-warm sauce..
- Place a salmon steak on one of each 6 dinner plates. Spoon sauce over and garnish with the almonds.
* To toast almonds place in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake often till golden in color on both sides about 5 minutes.
ADDITIONAL USAGE IDEAS
- Serve sauce with grilled shrimp or as a baste for grilling chicken.
Recipe submitted by Margee Berry, Kokomo, IN, Second Prize Winner of the Signature Sauce Recipe Contest.
If you like this, try...