(Yield: 6 to 8 servings)
2 pounds beef skirt steaks
2/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
10 flour tortillas
Butter or margarine, softened
Pico de Gallo*
Dairy sour cream
- Cut steaks crosswise into 4 to 5-inch lengths. Split thicker pieces in half to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness. Place pieces in large shallow pan.
- Combine soy sauce and lime juice; pour over meat, turning pieces over to coat well. Marinate 15 minutes; turn pieces over once.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Grill meat about 4 inches from hot mesquite or regular charcoal 3 minutes for medium-rare, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Heat tortillas on grill or in 325ºF. oven until warm.
- To assemble fajita: Spread tortilla with butter and wrap around desired amount of grilled meat, Pico de Gallo and sour cream. Or, serve meat, salsa and tortillas separately. *Pico de Gallo: Cut 1 medium avocado in half; discard seed and peel. Dice avocado, 1 medium tomato and 1 whole jalapeño pepper. Place in bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup minced red onion, 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro, 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice. Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.