(Yield: 6 to 8 servings)
2 pounds beef skirt steaks
2/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
10 flour tortillas
Butter or margarine, softened
Pico de Gallo*
Dairy sour cream
- Cut steaks crosswise into 4 to 5-inch lengths. Split thicker pieces in half to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness. Place pieces in large shallow pan.
- Combine soy sauce and lime juice; pour over meat, turning pieces over to coat well. Marinate 15 minutes; turn pieces over once.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Grill meat about 4 inches from hot mesquite or regular charcoal 3 minutes for medium-rare, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Heat tortillas on grill or in 325ºF. oven until warm.
- To assemble fajita: Spread tortilla with butter and wrap around desired amount of grilled meat, Pico de Gallo and sour cream. Or, serve meat, salsa and tortillas separately. *Pico de Gallo: Cut 1 medium avocado in half; discard seed and peel. Dice avocado, 1 medium tomato and 1 whole jalapeño pepper. Place in bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup minced red onion, 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro, 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice. Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.