Home Cooks > Recipes > Lamb Kabobs with Cucumber-Mint Sauce
Yield: Yield: 6 servings 1-1/2 pounds boneless lamb or beef sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
- Cut lamb into 1-inch square pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and basil; pour over lamb in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat lamb well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning bag over once.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cucumber-Mint Sauce.
- Thread lamb onto each of 6 (10-inch) metal or bamboo skewers, leaving space between pieces.
- Cook kabobs on grill, 5 inches from hot coals, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness. (Or, broil kabobs on rack of broiler pan, 3 to 4 inches from heat source, 3 to 4 minutes on each side [for medium-rare], or to desired doneness.)
- Serve with Cucumber-Mint Sauce. *Cucumber-Mint Sauce: Remove ends of 1 small cucumber. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut crosswise into thin slices; set aside. Blend 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint and 1-1/2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce in medium bowl. Stir in cucumber. Refrigerate until ready to serve. NOTE: Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.