(Yield: 6 servings)
1-1/2 pounds boneless lamb or beef sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
- Cut lamb into 1-inch square pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and basil; pour over lamb in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat lamb well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning bag over once.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cucumber-Mint Sauce.
- Thread lamb onto each of 6 (10-inch) metal or bamboo skewers, leaving space between pieces.
- Cook kabobs on grill, 5 inches from hot coals, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness. (Or, broil kabobs on rack of broiler pan, 3 to 4 inches from heat source, 3 to 4 minutes on each side [for medium-rare], or to desired doneness.)
- Serve with Cucumber-Mint Sauce. *Cucumber-Mint Sauce: Remove ends of 1 small cucumber. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut crosswise into thin slices; set aside. Blend 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint and 1-1/2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce in medium bowl. Stir in cucumber. Refrigerate until ready to serve. NOTE: Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Sauce 10 oz. or larger
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.