(Yield: 6 servings)
2/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine
3- to 3-1/2 pound beef chuck roast, about 1-1/4 inches thick
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon unseasoned meat tenderizer
1 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Combine teriyaki marinade & sauce and wine; pour over roast and onions in shallow, non-metal baking dish. Cover pan tightly and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Reserving onions mixture, remove roast from marinade about 45 minutes before cooking. Sprinkle both sides of roast with meat tenderizer and pepper; pierce meat deeply and thoroughly with fork. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Cook roast on grill 4 to 5 inches from hot coals 25 minutes (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness, turning over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drain onions; sauté in hot oil in medium skillet over medium heat 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes longer, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut roast across grain into thin slices and serve with onions.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.