(Yield: 6 servings)
1 green onion and top
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 firm tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 pound small fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can (10-1/2 oz.) condensed chicken broth
2 soup cans water
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry or rice wine
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 egg, well beaten
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Adapted from "Classic Chinese Cuisine" by Nina Simonds. Click Here
- Mince green onion, separating white part from top.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over high heat, stir in white part of green onion. Add tomato, mushrooms, chicken broth, water, soy sauce and dry sherry. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with 3 Tbsp. water; stir into saucepan. Add green peas; cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is slightly thickened.
- Gradually pour egg into boiling soup, stirring constantly, but gently, in one direction.
- Remove from heat, stir in green onion top and white pepper.
to learn more about Featured Chef, Nina Simonds.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.