Home Cooks > Recipes > Egg Flower Soup
Yield: Yield: 6 servings 1 green onion and top
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 firm tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 pound small fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can (10-1/2 oz.) condensed chicken broth
2 soup cans water
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry or rice wine
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 egg, well beaten
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Adapted from "Classic Chinese Cuisine" by Nina Simonds. Click Here
- Mince green onion, separating white part from top.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over high heat, stir in white part of green onion. Add tomato, mushrooms, chicken broth, water, soy sauce and dry sherry. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with 3 Tbsp. water; stir into saucepan. Add green peas; cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is slightly thickened.
- Gradually pour egg into boiling soup, stirring constantly, but gently, in one direction.
- Remove from heat, stir in green onion top and white pepper.
to learn more about Featured Chef, Nina Simonds.