(Yield: 5 to 6 servings)
3-pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 large loaf French bread, about 20 inches long
Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Pierce all sides of pork with sharp knife.
- Brown pork in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 cups water, teriyaki sauce and liquid smoke; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until pork is fork-tender.
- Remove pork; let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, skim off excess fat from sauce. Cut bread lengthwise in half. Remove a portion of soft bread from bottom half. Line bottom half with lettuce and spread top half with mayonnaise.
- Shred meat with fingers; mound meat over lettuce. Drizzle desired amount of sauce over meat and cover with top half of bread. Carefully cut sandwich at a slight angle into 5 or 6 equal pieces. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.