(Yield: 5 to 6 servings)
3-pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 large loaf French bread, about 20 inches long
Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Pierce all sides of pork with sharp knife.
- Brown pork in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 cups water, teriyaki sauce and liquid smoke; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until pork is fork-tender.
- Remove pork; let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, skim off excess fat from sauce. Cut bread lengthwise in half. Remove a portion of soft bread from bottom half. Line bottom half with lettuce and spread top half with mayonnaise.
- Shred meat with fingers; mound meat over lettuce. Drizzle desired amount of sauce over meat and cover with top half of bread. Carefully cut sandwich at a slight angle into 5 or 6 equal pieces. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.