(Yield: 4 servings)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons diced canned jalapeño peppers,
rinsed and drained
1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
1/2 cup milk
- Cook beef with onion in large skillet over medium heat until onion is translucent. Sprinkle flour evenly over mixture; stir in to blend.
- Add tomatoes, stir-fry sauce, jalapeño peppers and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly and tomatoes are heated through. Remove from heat and cover to keep mixture hot.
- Combine baking mix and milk to form a soft dough; beat 30 seconds.
- Pour hot beef mixture into 2-quart baking dish; top with rounded teaspoonfuls of biscuit mixture.
- Bake in 425º F. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.