(Yield: 4 servings)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons diced canned jalapeño peppers,
rinsed and drained
1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
1/2 cup milk
- Cook beef with onion in large skillet over medium heat until onion is translucent. Sprinkle flour evenly over mixture; stir in to blend.
- Add tomatoes, stir-fry sauce, jalapeño peppers and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly and tomatoes are heated through. Remove from heat and cover to keep mixture hot.
- Combine baking mix and milk to form a soft dough; beat 30 seconds.
- Pour hot beef mixture into 2-quart baking dish; top with rounded teaspoonfuls of biscuit mixture.
- Bake in 425º F. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.