(Yield: 6 servings)
3-1/2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder roast
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves,crumbled
1-1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
3 small red potatoes, quartered
2 small turnips, peeled and cut into eighths
2 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1 onion, cut into eighths
- Trim off excess fat from lamb. Cut meat into 1-1/2-inch chunks; coat with mixture of flour and garlic powder. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and brown on all sides.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups water, teriyaki sauce, basil and oregano; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour.
- Add carrots, potatoes and turnips; simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Stir in celery and onion; simmer, covered, 15 minutes longer, or until lamb and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, blend reserved flour mixture with 2 Tbsp. water. Stir into meat mixture; return to boil and cook until slightly thickened.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.