(Yield: 6 servings)
3-1/2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder roast
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves,crumbled
1-1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
3 small red potatoes, quartered
2 small turnips, peeled and cut into eighths
2 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1 onion, cut into eighths
- Trim off excess fat from lamb. Cut meat into 1-1/2-inch chunks; coat with mixture of flour and garlic powder. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and brown on all sides.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups water, teriyaki sauce, basil and oregano; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour.
- Add carrots, potatoes and turnips; simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Stir in celery and onion; simmer, covered, 15 minutes longer, or until lamb and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, blend reserved flour mixture with 2 Tbsp. water. Stir into meat mixture; return to boil and cook until slightly thickened.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.