Home Cooks > Recipes > Teriyaki Mustard Spread
Yield: Yield: 4 cups
1/2 cup dry mustard
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 bottle (10 oz.) Kikkoman Less Sodium Teriyaki
Marinade & Sauce
3/4 cup Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
2/3 cup honey
- Blend mustard and 3 Tbsp. water to make a smooth paste; cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, 1 cup water, less sodium teriyaki sauce, vinegar and honey in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove about 1/4 cup hot liquid and pour into mustard paste, blending until smooth. Repeat procedure with additional 1/4 cup liquid. Stir mustard mixture into hot liquid in saucepan, blending until smooth.
- Pour into tight sealing plastic container; cover and store in refrigerator.
- Stir mustard thoroughly before serving or pouring into sterilized jars and wrapping for gift giving.