(Yield: 8 cups)
1-1/2 cups whole natural almonds
1-1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
6 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 egg white, beaten
4 teaspoons sugar
1-1/4 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)
1-1/4 teaspoons onion powder
2-1/2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2-1/2 cups seedless or golden raisins
- Toast almonds together on ungreased large shallow baking pan in 350ºF. oven 10 minutes, without stirring, or until slivered almonds are golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 275ºF.
- Combine teriyaki marinade & sauce, egg white, sugar, red pepper and onion powder in large bowl. Stir in almonds and peanuts until evenly coated. Add oil and toss nuts to coat; turn out onto same baking pan, spreading mixture out evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until nuts are browned, stirring and turning nuts over every 10 minutes.
- Stir nuts and spread in single layer; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Stir in raisins. Store in tightly covered container.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.