Home Cooks > Recipes > Spicy Party Nuts
Yield: Yield: 8 cups 1-1/2 cups whole natural almonds
1-1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
6 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 egg white, beaten
4 teaspoons sugar
1-1/4 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)
1-1/4 teaspoons onion powder
2-1/2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2-1/2 cups seedless or golden raisins
- Toast almonds together on ungreased large shallow baking pan in 350ºF. oven 10 minutes, without stirring, or until slivered almonds are golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 275ºF.
- Combine teriyaki marinade & sauce, egg white, sugar, red pepper and onion powder in large bowl. Stir in almonds and peanuts until evenly coated. Add oil and toss nuts to coat; turn out onto same baking pan, spreading mixture out evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until nuts are browned, stirring and turning nuts over every 10 minutes.
- Stir nuts and spread in single layer; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Stir in raisins. Store in tightly covered container.