(Yield: 20 popcorn balls)
2/3 cup unpopped popcorn
1 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
6 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Butter or margarine
- Pop popcorn according to package directions; remove unpopped kernels. Combine popcorn with almonds in large bowl.
- Stir together teriyaki sauce and ginger.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Insert candy thermometer; continue boiling until mixture reaches 265ºF., or a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a hard ball. (Do not stir mixture while boiling.)
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Add teriyaki sauce mixture, about 1 Tbsp. at a time, and stir until mixture stops bubbling; pour in thin stream over popcorn, tossing until popcorn and nuts are well coated. Cool slightly.
- Butter hands; shape mixture into desired sizes of balls and place on waxed paper.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.