Ingredients (Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Hot cooked rice
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove 3 Tbsp. of mixture and pour over shrimp in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pieces well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add enough water to remaining teriyaki sauce mixture to measure 2/3 cup; blend in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and sauté 2 minutes. Add teriyaki sauce mixture; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon shrimp and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, if desired.
If you like this, try...
off any ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
on any one (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce